Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sal's Sweet Raspberry Ravioli

I'm disgusted with how fast and easy this was.

So, I made like, three dozen leek and shrimp potstickers. Big whoop. I didn't even eat any yet. They're in the freezer. I'm so not down for delayed gratification.

SO... I decided the leftover 9, count them 9 wonton wrappers needed to be put to use.

This literally took less than 5 minutes.

1a. Put 1/2" of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet and turn it on medium high heat.
1b. Lay four wonton wrappers out.

2. Mash about ten raspberries with about two tablespoons of berry jam.



3a. Place a dollop of this berry mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
3b. Use brute force to marry the wonton edges, because with a filling this wet, there's no assuring a mere brushing of water will hold back the fruity tide.



4. Whip a cup of whipping cream with two tablespoons each of sugar and good cocoa (I like Droste).



5. By now your oil is hot, so drop the raviolis in one at a time.

6. Garnish with powdered sugar (I am out of this, sadly) the chocolate cream, and fresh berries.



Media pairing: Mad Men.

Because it's 9:36 on Sunday so I'm thinking about it coming on in a minute. And because these raviolis are A. Tough on the outside B. Fruity on the inside and C. Italian-American and D. Gone, goddammit, like Sal who I am still mad got written out of the show. I don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment